AZERBAIJAN – New Visa-on-Arrival Option for US Nationals
Effective immediately, US nationals travelling on the New York – Baku direct flight with Azerbaijan Airlines will be able to obtain a 30-day single-entry visa upon arrival at the Heydar Aliyev International Airport in Baku.
This option is available for US nationals travelling for tourism, business or work (with a work permit), who would otherwise have to wait one to two months to obtain a visa.
The following documents are required to obtain a short-stay (up to 30 days) single-entry visa upon arrival:
- Valid passport;
- Two passport size photos of the applicant;
- Visa fee: for US nationals - $160 US dollars;
- Completed visa application form filled out upon arrival;
- Boarding pass from the AZAL flight;
- Letter of invitation (recommended):
- For a business or work visit: an invitation letter from the host company;
- For a personal visit: an invitation letter from an Azerbaijani national or a foreign national currently resident in Azerbaijan along with a copy of their Azerbaijani ID;
- For a tourist visit: a copy of a hotel reservation.
- US nationals travelling to Azerbaijan for work, business or tourism should consider taking advantage of this visa-on-arrival option for earlier entry to Azerbaijan.