UNITED KINGDOM – 2017 Allocation of Certificates of Sponsorship
UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) have advised that sponsors are now able to apply to renew their allocation of Certificates of Sponsorship (CoS) in Tier 2 (General).
- The present allocations will expire on 5 April 2017.
- Some sponsors’ allocations will be "automatically renewed”, in which case nothing is required from the sponsor.
- UKVI will contact other sponsors via email three months before 5 April 2017, and monthly thereafter, by way of reminder.
- If a sponsor’s allocations expire, it is not possible to assign a CoS until a renewal request is granted.
- It is not possible to request an in-year CoS increase for an expired allocation.
- The standard processing time for a CoS is up to 18 weeks. Sponsors may request expedited CoS processing for a £200 UKVI fee.
- Sponsors should ensure that requests to renew allocations are made to UKVI in time to facilitate a CoS allocation on 6 April 2017, to minimise the risk of allocations expiring.