SINGAPORE – New Electronic System for Permanent Residence Applications
Effective 18 December 2017, the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority will introduce an electronic-Permanent Residence (e-PR) application system, which will be mandatory for all Permanent Residence (PR) applications from that date.
What is changing?
- With the new e-PR system, applicants will no longer need to make an appointment to submit their application in person, but can enter their details into an online application form, and submit supporting documents electronically.
- Currently, ICA charges PR applicants nothing for processing, but SGD 100 for an Entry Permit. From 18 December, ICA will charge a PR processing fee of SGD 100, payable online, and an Entry Permit fee of SGD 20.
- Applicants will require a valid SingPass account, a computer with Adobe Acrobat Reader installed and a camera or scanner, and one digital passport-size colour photograph with a white background, in addition to the existing required documents.
- The general processing time of four to six months for permanent residence applications submitted with the correct documentation will not change.
- All available appointment slots before 18 December have already been released for booking, and ICA will not release any additional slots.
- Applicants who have already secured appointment slots are not affected and can continue to submit their hardcopy applications during their appointments with ICA. They will also not be affected by the new fee structure.
- Applicants for PR in Singapore who do not already have an appointment with the ICA should have their supporting documents ready to submit online, via the new e-PR system, from 18 December 2017.