MALAYSIA – MDEC Foreign Knowledge Worker (FKW) Projection for 2018 Opens on 8 December 2017
Companies who are registered with the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) can start to apply for their 2018 projection for Employment Passes from 8 December 2017.
How does it work?
- Multimedia Super Corridor Malaysia (MSC Malaysia) status companies and Information Communication Technology (ICT) companies registered with MDEC who intend to employ foreign nationals in Malaysia in 2018 must have the projection approved before any Employment Pass applications can be made.
- The standard processing time for FKW projection is approximately 5-10 working days from the date of submission. This timeline is also subject to follow-up requests from MDEC for additional information or documents especially if the company submits a high-volume FKW projection for 2018.
- Information required for the projection includes the total number of Malaysian staff and foreign staff employed by the company, the projection request for new and renewal Employment Passes and a justification for this projection.
- Where possible, companies should provide copies of documents such as client agreements, contracts, letters of award, purchase orders for new and ongoing projects to support the projection application.
- MSC Malaysia status and ICT companies registered with MDEC and intending to employ foreign nationals in Malaysia in 2018 should ensure that they provide the required information and documents in support of their projection application as soon as possible, to avoid any delay.