THAILAND – New Document Certification Regulations
Effective 19 January 2015, the Immigration Department at the One Stop Service Center (OSSC) in Bangkok requires that certain corporate documents for initial or extension applications for non-BOI (Board of Investment) long-term visas or work permits be officially certified by the relevant government agency.
Previously, non-certified copies were acceptable.
The new regulations are expected to cause considerable inconvenience, expense and delays in processing work permits and visas.
Who is Affected?
Non-BOI companies which qualify to use the OSSC for visa and work permit applications include certain Bangkok-based companies or branch offices employing managers or experts, representative or regional offices and companies operating under the Petroleum Act or the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act.
Documents to be Certified
- Copy of Financial Statement in Thai containing balance sheet and profit and loss statement for the previous year, audited and signed by the company’s CPA (Certified Public Accountant) and officially certified by either the Revenue Department or Ministry of Commerce.
- Copy of form and receipt of previous year corporate income tax return (P.N.D. 50 form), officially certified by the Revenue Department.
- Copy of form and receipt of monthly salary withholding tax for the latest month of all Thai and foreign employees (P.N.D. 1), officially certified by the Revenue Department.
- Copy of form and receipt of monthly Value Added Tax (VAT) return (Phor Por 30 form) for the latest month, officially certified by the Revenue Department.
- Copy of form and receipt of monthly social security contribution for the latest month of all Thai and foreign employees, officially certified by the Social Security Office.
- Copy of form for submission of audited financial statement for the previous accounting year acknowledged by the Department of Business Development, Ministry of Commerce (Sor Bor Chor 3 form), officially certified by the Ministry of Commerce.
- Copy of form and receipt of personal income tax return (PND 91) of the employee for the latest year, officially certified by the Revenue Department.
The new regulations are being implemented due to the number of fraudulent documents that have been submitted in the past.
The One Stop Service Centre for Visas and Work Permits aims to facilitate visa extension and work permit applications, and enables considerably reduced processing times for the work permit and visa extension applications.
- Ensure that all necessary documents have been officially certified by the relevant authorities before submission in support of non-BOI long-term visa and work permit applications at the OSSC.
- Allow several additional days of lead time to obtain certified documents from the various authorities before submitting applications.